Hello crafty friends!
This week was all about mermaids 🙂 I have recently purchased Simon Says Stamp September card kit full of Mermazing beauty and today I am sharing the first card I’ve created with elements from the kit!
I have so many card ideas for this kit and I really hope I will bring them all fruition 🙂
I started with coloring the images with alcohol markers. I really wanted monochromatic look for at least one of the cards so I colored all the images in teal blue.
Once all the images were colored I fussy cut them out and started working on the background.
I cut a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of Bristol smooth cardstock and started blending Distress inks on the panel.
I added brown ink to the bottom for the sand and greens and blues to the rest of the panel leaving the middle and the very top light – almost white.
I used a wavy stencil to create the waves using the same ink colors. To the top part of the panel I used sunrays stencil and white pigment ink. I added some water splatters for a subtle bubble effect and set the background aside to dry.
Now that the background was complete I arranged all of the images to see the placement for my sentiment.
I heat embossed the sentiment using the embossing powder that came in the kit then adhered the images to the card base.
To finish the design I added Nuvo drops creating more bubbles.
Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend 🙂
- Stamps, Embossing powder – Simon Says Stamp
- Stencils – Simon Says Stamp – Waves; Honey Bee – Ocean scene builder
- Cardstock – Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Michael’s Recollections 110lb cardstock
- Ink – Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress mini, Distress Oxide – faded jeans, salty ocean, cracked pistachio, vintage photo
- Nuvo Drops in morning dew
- Alcohol markers, white gel pen, foam adhesive, liquid adhesive