Hello crafty friends!
I recently guest designed at Gerda Steiner Designs blog and created 4 cards with Upside Down Flamingo stamp set.
I have shared 3 cards so far and today sharing the fourth one 🙂
I started with the background – stenciling with pink and black distress inks as I wanted pink and black color combo for this card! Once the background was dry I die cut it to A2 size then adhered it directly to the 110lb card base.
Next I stamped colored and fussy cut the flamingo then white heat embossed the sentiment on the piece of black cardstock.
When I placed the image and the sentiment on the background it looked very busy so I decided to add vellum to my background to make the colors look more subdued.
I adhered the vellum with liquid glue at the areas where the sentiment and the flamingo would be placed then put the panel under a heavy book and let it dry.
Once the vellum was adhered I added the flamingo and the sentiment to the card panel using foam tape and finished it off with black self adhesive gems.
- Stamps – Gerda Steiner Designs
- Dies – My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle Stax Set 1
- Cardstock – Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Michael’s Recollections 110lb white
- Ink – Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress in Festive Berries, Black Soot
- Embossing Powder – Hero Arts white
- Vellum, black self adhesive gems, foam tape, liquid adhesive, alcohol markers